- This event has passed.
LONGARM: BASIC RULERS 6/18 9:00AM – 12:00PM
June 18 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$100
A little bit of ruler work goes a long way. Enhance your free-motion and feathers with some straight lines; the refined quilting makes the quilt pop! The contrast between the clean straight lines and the movement makes for a dynamic look.
In this class you will learn:
- How to mark your quilt with grid tape to align rulers.
- Holding the ruler to not damage machine or ruler.
- How to select reference lines on the ruler for spacing.
- Design options for maximum impact.
- Cross Hatching, channel quilting, pivot & rotate, cathedral window, stitch in the ditch.
- Evenly distributing scallops on ANY size border.
- How to mark and prepare your quilt top for ruler placement.
More about Instructor Heidi Stagno: Heidi first saw a longarm quilting machine while visiting a quilt shop. At that moment, she was hooked. “I just wanted to get my hands on that machine and drive it”. Heidi has been professionally longarm quilting for 20 years. She has quilted over 3000 quilts and counting. She has won many awards for her quilting and loves teaching others her techniques. Heidi has appeared on “Quilt it” the longarm quilting show on QNN tv and has won the Handi-Quilter Way Award for the last three years consecutively. We are excited to have her teaching at AVS!