- This event has passed.
Rulers on a Domestic Machine 6/17 9:00am – 2:00pm
June 17 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm$145.00
Do you want your quilting to have precision and complete accuracy? Look no further than “Quilting with Rulers on your Domestic machine”.
If you love the look of computerized quilting but think you can’t achieve it without a computer well… think again!!!
Let Heidi show you how to achieve amazing “computer like” designs all using a handful of rulers.
In this class you will learn the following:
- Marking your quilt for ruler placement
- Holding and handling the ruler and quilt at the same time
- How to gauge spacing using a ruler foot
- Stitch to the quilt NOT to the ruler (I know sounds counter productive however… you want the QUILT to look perfectly pieced)
- How to fudge when the size and shape of the quilt is crooked
- Piano Key Border, Wave Edge Designs, Rotating Ruler Placement, Orange Peel Design, Art-Deco Triangles
NOTE: You will need a Sew Steady table or flat table extension and a ruler foot for your specific machine.
AVS can special order these for you if you need it, but they must be ordered by Friday, May 20 to arrive in time for class.